For your convenience, answers to the most commonly asked questions about our sceneries can be found in the FAQ section of this site. Visiting the FAQ page is the quickest and most efficient way to obtain answers to most technical and performance questions you may have. NOTE: You will not receive an answer via email if the answer to your question is published in the FAQ section of this web site.
Please submit all other questions to:
Questions will be answered as quickly and efficiently as possible in the order that they were received . Effective April 6, 2015 BluePlrint Simulations customer support will operate Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PT). Customer support will no longer receive and/or answer technical questions on weekends and major US holidays. Even though we do not guarantee that you will receive a response within a predetermined period of time, most questions are usually answered within two (2) working days. The promptness of the response will depend on the technical complexity of the issue and the volume of inquiries received at any given time.
We also suggest visiting the "Scenery Status" section of this site, where you will find general information regarding every scenery including release date, current version, most recent update and future development projects. Please realize that we began publishing sceneries for the Microsoft® flight simulator in 2007. Some of the oldest sceneries have not been updated recently and most likely they will will not be updated in the near future. While those sceneries remain current from a technical standpoint (airport layout an primary facilities), artistically they do not reflect the quality and performance of our more recent releases.
We encourage you to visit scenery oriented forums available in numerous Flight Simulation dedicated sites, where information about our products including features, highlights and shortcomings is being discussed on a daily basis. Please be aware that the opinions expressed in those forums are the personal opinions of the individuals posting them. There is no official or authorized BluePrint Simulations forum on the internet. We do not participate or offer technical support on any forum.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND PRODUCT RETURN OR EXCHANGE POLICIES:
- We do not accept refund requests for any of our products purchased through BMT Micro via our web site. For products purchased from other stores, please refer to the refund policies for each store. Please be aware that we will not authorize product returns if the store requires a developer authorization to process the request.
- It is the responsibility of each customer to ensure the purchase of the correct version of the desired product. For purchases from our web site, the links pointing to each version of each product are clearly labeled. It is your responsibility to select the correct link. Please double-check the product in your shopping cart before completing the purchase. For purchases from other stores, please refer to the product exchange policies of each specific store. Please be aware that we will not authorize product exchanges if the store requires a developer authorization to process the request.
- We accept and reply customer support questions in English and Spanish. We respond regardless of the quality or grammar level of questions submitted using one of the two languages as we are quite aware of the international nature of our products as well as the international nature of Microsoft®'s Flight Simulator software.
- Questions considered by our staff to be formatted in a rude and/or offensive manner will NEVER be answered. Please address us with the courtesy and consideration that we deserve. We are pleased to say that, based on the questions and/or feedback received directly via firstname.lastname@example.org, the customer satisfaction rating for product quality, features, and technical support is excellent. As ANY other software product, our final releases are not perfect. We will, however, issue software fixes in an efficient and expedite manner, usually within a week of the original release date. Each scenery released requires about two months of full-time development work and at least two weeks of product testing including "hundreds" of simulated flights departing and arriving at the featured airport. In most cases, we have visited the airport being designed to obtain first hand technical and graphic information.
- We will NEVER answer technical questions from individuals and/or customers that have installed pirated copies of any of our products, regardless of having legally purchased the BluePrint product in question.
- We do not answer technical questions relating to the basic operation of Microsoft® Flight Simulator in any of its versions and/or Microsoft® Windows operating system in any of it versions. We offer scenery compatibility with and support for our sceneries installed on Microsoft® Flight Simulator 2004, A Century of Flight (also known as FS9) operating under Microsoft® Windows 2000, Microsoft® Windows XP®, Microsoft® Windows Vista®, or Windows 7® in any 32-bit or 64-bit versions. We also offer scenery compatibility with and technical support for Microsoft® Flight Simulator X (also known as FSX) operating under Microsoft®Microsoft® Windows XP®, Microsoft® Windows Vista®, or Windows 7® in any 32-bit or 64-bit versions. This compatibility requirements apply unless otherwise specified in the Product Compatibility section of the product web page published in OUR web site: www.blueprintsimulations.com Displaying the compatibility requirements is the responsibility of the web site or web store offering our products for sale. No refunds will be issued due to scenery incompatibility with the operating system.
- We do not offer or advertise the compatibility of our products with ANY third party Microsoft® Flight Simulator add-on. Product development and testing of each of our products was performed in the absence of ANY third-party scenery add-on. We do not answer questions regarding compatibility with any third party Microsoft® Flight Simulator add-on software. (NOTE: in most cases, we will be more than happy to help you troubleshot our product's installation and offer suggestions to enable or facilitate our product's operation in the presence of popular add-ons.) Under no circumstance we guarantee the compatibility of our sceneries with ANY third party add-on. Third-party add-on incompatibility will NEVER be grounds for product return. Please read the "End User License Agreement" that you acknowledged and accepted during product installation.
- Currently, our products do not offer animated jetways (jet bridges) or service vehicles. We do not expect this fact to change in the near future. Animated jetways and vehicles are not a priority in our designs. We rather dedicate precious system resources to achieving the highest possible level of detail regarding essential airport features and graphic accuracy. With over eighteen (18) years of flight simulator experience, we consider our knowledge of flight simulator scenery add-ons to be excellent. We have purchased and experienced products from every single developer that has ever published their work as well as most developers that have kindly offered their products as freeware. We know exactly how our products compare to other products, including artistic quality, technical accuracy, and product features. We are quite aware that our sceneries lack some animated features and, in most cases, they are incompatible with default versions of such animated features (specifically animated vehicles and jetways in FSX).
- We consider our products to be "works of art" to a very significant extent, the balance being technical in nature. We do not expect to change the artistic portion of our products (i.e. graphic texture design and representation of the sceneries) based on the opinion of just a few individuals. On the other hand, we have proven our ability to correct or modify the technical portion our products (i.e., accuracy of the airport layout, navigational aids, AI performance, etc) in response to opinions or concerns expressed by as few as "one" of our customers.
- We pay no attention to "personal opinions" posted on internet forums and we do not offer technical support via any internet forum. We in fact do not read and/or participate in any of such forums due to their open nature that enables non-customers to obtain technical support and express personal opinions without having had the courtesy of purchasing the product that they are criticizing. If you are interested in your "personal opinion" about our products being heard, please send us an e-mail addressed to email@example.com and include proof of purchase (store where you purchased the product, date of purchase and order number).
- Technical support for all BluePrint Simulation products is offered by and the full responsibility of OnDuty Support Systems LLC, 612 Silverwheel Pl, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA. Please submit any questions, suggestions and concerns regarding customer support to firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was last revised on March 8, 2013.